About Olco Study

We consult and offer professional assistance to students who wish to take advantage of the Tuition FREE program offered by the German Authorities as well as Educational tours for high school students. These steps assist in bridging the gap and create a cultural understanding and personal independence that can only be achieved by living and studying in another country.

We are here to help each student throughout the entire tuition-free study process. From a student’s initial contact with an OLCO STUDY representative, each applicant realises quickly how important each individual is to us. We take each student’s request very seriously and we are able to be flexible in order to meet their specific needs.

Furthermore, we hope that students will continue to reap the benefits of tuition free study in Germany by encouraging cultural understanding in their own communities. We recognise that this enlightening experience is becoming an increasing precious asset as we encourage our students to become sensitive, responsible and contributing members of today’s expanding global community.

Our achievement

We have made strong progress in the past year and our students have graduated to become professionals


Take a tour

Learn more about the TUITION FREE STUDY Program
Tuition fee free studying for International Students in Germany. We guarantee no school fees for the entire period of study. Take advantage of this scholarship and apply now!


I've already studied a few semesters in my home country and now I'd like to continue studying in Germany. Will the German university recognize my previous degree/ credits in its degree program?

Each German university is responsible for determining its own admission policies. That’s why you should contact Olco’s  support team to check if you are eligible to apply for your choice of program at the University and how much of your previous academic work will be recognised

Where do I find the requirements for studying in Germany?

You can find general requirements on our website. For specific admission requirements pertaining to your course of study, you should contact the support team and create a ticket for further information.

What can I do if they don’t recognise my school-leaving certificate?

If your secondary school-leaving certificate is not recognised in Germany, you can gain entrance qualification to German university by completing a foundation course (“Studienkolleg”). You will have to pass an entrance examination to participate in a foundation course. Applicants must have a good German language skills with certification (B1 level of the European Framework of Reference for Languages).

I want to apply for admission to a bachelor’s program. What do I have to do?

The first thing to do is to find out whether your university entrance qualification is recognised in Germany. You can confirm this through our agency. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our support team. For more information, see the section on TUITION FREE STUDY.

I’d like to enrol in a bachelor’s program in Germany. How can I get a scholarship?

The application requirements are listed in the respective description. Please note, however, that very few scholarships are awarded to first-time students.

How do I apply for a degree program in my area of study?

First of all, you should check the admission requirements in the degree program of your choice. You’ll find them in the degree program’s prospectus. That’s where you will also find information about application procedures. Visit our website for general information about applying to a German University.

I’d like to improve my German using free online sources. Are there any good website you can recommend?

The Goethe-InstitutDeutsche Welle and the Alumniportal Deutschland provide helpful online language training. We also post useful links for learning German on our Facebook page on a regular basis.

What are my chances of finding a job after my studies in Germany?

With a degree from a German university, you have numerous job opportunities on the German labour market.

Are there any student job sites for English speakers?

You can find jobs for English speakers on the job database of the Federal Employment agency which includes a search field for key words, e.g. “English”. There is also a section called “Small jobs/ mini jobs” which includes student jobs. Please note that most job descriptions are in German because they require German skills.

I am interested in doing a postgraduate medical course in Germany. How should I apply to the university? Are there any specific requirements like German language skills?

There are no postgraduate courses for Medicine in Germany because Medicine is not split into bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Medical students in Germany have to complete a six-year program which concludes with the State Examination (Staatsexamen). There are no courses offered in English, so you will need very good German skills to complete the program and pass the examinations.


How much money do I need for my living expenses in Germany?

Compared to other European countries, the cost of living in Germany is quite reasonable. The prices for food, accommodation, clothing, cultural events, etc. are basically in line with the EU average. You will need around 670 euros per month to cover your living expenses. The largest expense is your monthly rent. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 8,700 euros at their disposal for one year.

How high are the tuition fees at German universities?

The tuition fees at German universities is very low, and some universities charge no tuition fee at all. Most German universities are funded by the government. Basically, students doing bachelor programs  don’t pay tuition fees at all.  Since winter semester 2017, the state of Baden-Wurttemberg has introduced 1500€ semester tuition fee for all international students studying in the state. However, all other 15 states of the federal are still offering a tuition free program to all International students. All students have to pay a semester contribution known as “Semester Beitrag”.

How do I get a visa to study in Germany?

Some international students require an entry visa to Germany depending on where they come from and how long they plan to stay. You will find general information on visas and residence permits on our website. For more information about visa requirements, contact the German embassy or German consulate in your home country.

How do I find a suitable degree program at a university?

Our database contains hundreds of suitable degree programs. If you’re looking for English or German taught programs, check out the courses listed under the courses section.

I'm looking for the best university in my area of study. Where can I find it?

As all German universities offer very good education, it’s hard to say which university is the best. The best university for you is the one which best meets your expectations. When choosing a university, you should take several aspects into account, like the range of subjects, the size of the university and city, as well as the cost of living in that city. You can find all of the degree programs at German universities in our database

I want to study in Germany. What do I have to do?

The application procedure depends on which subject you would like to study and where you come from. On our website, you can find more information about the application process.

What is a “Studienkolleg” (foundation course)?

If your school-leaving certificate is not recognised in Germany, you can still study at a German university by participating in a “Studienkolleg” (foundation course). Good German language skills are requirements for you to get an admission. To gain admission to a foundation course, you must first pass an entrance examination. Participation in the course is usually free of charge. Foundation courses take one year to complete and conclude with the “Feststellungsprüfung” (university qualification assessment examination).

Can I enroll in an English-language taught degree program in Germany?

Yes, there are many courses and degree programs taught in English, especially master’s courses. Having said that, we strongly recommend that you try to learn basic German because knowing the language will make you feel more at home in Germany and help you make German friends faster.

How do I get a visa for a language course?

If you want to attend a language course, you can apply for a language course visa in many countries. It’s only valid for the duration of the course and cannot be converted into a student visa (“Visum zu Studienzwecken”). If you want to attend a language course in combination with university studies, you have to indicate this on your visa application form. In this case, make sure to apply for either a student applicant visa (“Visum zur Studienbewerbung”) or a student visa (“Visum zu Studienzwecken”).

How and where can I get a language certificate?

There are two different tests you can take to demonstrate your language proficiency in German. One is called the “DSH” (German Language University Entrance Examination for Foreign Applicants) and the other is the “TestDaF” (Test of German as a Foreign Language). Language certificates are also issued by the Goethe-Institut.

Do I need to take an English test to apply for admission to a degree program?

If you want to study in English, universities generally require an official English test such as IELTS or TOEFL. Exemptions are made for native speakers.

I'm searching for master’s degree programs in Dentistry. Where can I find them?

There are no master’s degree programs in Dentistry in Germany because Dentistry is not split into bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Dentistry programs usually take six years to complete and conclude with what we call the “State Examination” (Staatsexamen).


Olco Study is full of smart, driven people who care a lot more about getting it done, and the relationships we build, than about proving how clever we are.



Vice chancellor


Kokan Anderson
Vice chancellor

Kokan Anderson

Michel Holder
Associate Professor

Michel Holder