|Goethe-Institut Nigeria and U. S. Consulate General in partnership with the University of Abuja invite applications for participation on a two-day workshop on Delivering Innovative Services in Libraries and Information Centres.
Qualified librarians working in public and private libraries with not more than 10years experience by August 2017.
-To support junior to mid-level librarians in the management of Library and Information centres with renewed approach to library services.
-To acquaint participants with modern and innovative technologies so as to enhance knowledge, skills, creativity and confidence in library workers.
The following documents should be emailed to Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org
1. A detailed CV which describes your work experience, current job description and responsibilities.
2. Description of one project done in the past.
3. Applicants should demonstrate potential to explore and embrace emerging technologies and willingness and ability to share what is learned with others in the profession.
4. Must be available on 25th and 26th September 2017. Your sample of work must be included as an attachment to your mail. Applications not following the rules will automatically be disqualified.
1. The two-day workshop is offered only in English.
2. The programme is divided into different modules with each presented in different formats. The intention is to provide a variety of activities that will stimulate individual and group participation. These include: – How to provide Customer Service in the Library and Information Centres – How to use Social Media in the Library and Information Centres – Library Software – Leadership/Mentoring tools – How to access international funds for trainings
Your email subject should read “Innovative Service Delivery in Libraries and Information Centres”.
Applicants will be selected by Goethe-Institut Nigeria, U.S. Consulate General and University of Abuja. The jury’s decision will be final and non-appealable.
Deadline for Submission is August 24, 2017. Only those accepted will be notified by September 5, 2017. Details regarding dates and meetings will be communicated upon approval of your participation. For further enquiries, contact: Libraryemail@example.com